News Channels
Recent comments
News archive
News from Chipping Campden including Campden bulletin

Chipping Campden Cart Wash restoration

Chipping Campden Cart Wash Photo (c) Tony Boyse

The historic Cart Wash in Chipping Campden could be restored

The Cart Wash, which dates back to 1832, was built after the vicar objected to carts being washed in the Scuttle Brook,which also provided drinking water to the inhabitants of Chipping Campden.

It is situated opposite the Almshouses and next to the Court Barn Museum and is seen by most people who visit the St. James' Church.

The Wash is a stone built regular oval(ellipse) in the ground with stone walls on either side with a drain in the middle.

It is hoped that a grant can be obtained to restore the Cart Wash and an initial survey has estimated the cost to be £5000.

Other News from Chipping Campden including Campden bulletin
Cotswold Event Calendar
Event days are highlighted above. Click on a date to see events for that day.
News by Keyword